Having regard to the Universal Declaration of Linguistic Rights and to Article 22 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union (2000/С 364/ 01), proclaiming respect for cultural and linguistic diversity; considering the objectives of the WG1, we propose the following.
1. Monitoring of linguistic rights in the EaP countries should be carried out by a corresponding institution. Otherwise, a corresponding expert group might be created.
2. A declaration condemning language discrimination should be arranged and made by the appropriate EaP and EU authorities.
3. Studies into the linguistic imbalance and language discrimination in Belarus are to be made.
4. Recommendations on correcting the linguistic imbalance in Belarus and protecting the Belarusian language and its speakers from discrimination are to be worked out and presented to the Belarusian authorities. They might include passing a law on protection of the Belarusian language, opening a university providing all courses in Belarusian, etc.
5. A program of the Belarusian language support is to be implemented by corresponding EU institutions as it is an integral part of the European cultural and linguistic diversity.
6. Monitoring of how linguistic rights’ and linguistic diversity issues are included in the agenda of intergovernmental meetings.
7. The issues of linguistic rights and linguistic diversity should be included in the agenda of the present working groups. Otherwise, a corresponding subgroup might be set up within WG1 andor WG4. Such subgroups might be founded at the national level within the EaP platforms.
8. The EaP web page should be translated into all the languages of the EaP countries. The web page is to have a section on linguistic rights and linguistic diversity.
9. We suggest publishing bi- and multilingual dictionaries and phrasebooks, creating electronic dictionaries and machine translation programs for all the languages of the EaP states.
10. We suggest any NGO, concerned with defense of cultural rights, linguistic and cultural diversity, launching international public campaigns in defense of our mutual values.